Sunday, June 2, 2013

Herald of the Machine Age


So, due to the relative popularity of the first deck I posted, I have another, this time for all of you artifact fans out there. Artifacts are one of my favorite card types; their mostly colorless nature means they can be included in just about any deck, whether it be for combos or just fun effects, and I've always had a bit of a soft spot for automatons. So, therefore, the only natural thing for me to do was construct an entire EDH deck based around them. Blue is a color that lends itself easily to this task, but a friend of mine who heard about my plans gave me a Bosh, Iron Golem for free, and I just felt it wouldn't be right not to include him. So, faced with the need for a deck with a blue/red color identity, I turned to the only Dragon Wizard (and only red/blue legendary in my possession at the time) that I knew would be up to the task: Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind. After all, who else would be better suited to lead a mad machine army in the pursuit of science? And so, without further ado, here is the deck list for Niv-Mizzet's Mecha Marvels:

Creatures
Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind
Triskelavus
Myr Adapter
Vedalken Engineer
Arcbound Hybrid
Memnarch
Altar Golem
Arcbound Bruiser
Myr Wielder
Mycosynth Golem
Brass Squire
Arcbound Stinger
Arcbound Crusher
Arcbound Reclaimer
Arcbound Fiend
Bosh, Iron Golem
Clone Shell
Rusted Relic
Pilgrim's Eye
Master Thief
Silver Myr
Arcbound worker
Steel Overseer
Arcbound Slith

Instants/Sorceries
Override
Teleportal
Sleight of Hand
Long-Term Plans
Chemister's Trick

Enchantments
Alexi's Cloak
Pursuit of Flight

Artifacts
Technically, just about eveything in the deck
Nuisance Engine
Clock of Omens
 Prototype Portal
Vanguard's Shield
Throne of Empires
Scepter of Empires
Crown of Empires
Unwinding Clock
Conversion Chamber
Lux Cannon
Mimic Vat
Courier's Capsule
Titan Forge
Mycosynth Lattice
Ur-Golem's Eye
Accorder's Shield
Bladed Pinions
Swiftfoot Boots
Mirrorworks
Dreamstone Hedron
Pithing Needle
Strider Harness
Grifter's Blade
Chromatic Sphere
Contagion Clasp
Muse Vessel
Sylvok Lifestaff
Contagion Engine
Whispersilk Cloak

Lands
1 x Izzet Guildgate
20 x Islands
19 x Mountains

Though he was a general born of necessity, Niv-Mizzet's ability to give me an extra card each turn has proven invaluable in a deck where I often find myself without cards in hand (especially once Mycosynth Golem makes it free to cast most of my creatures), and his damage capabilities have pinged many a small nuisance from across the board. My favorite part, of course, is when Mycosynth Lattice is on the field, and I'm the only one with a legendary Cyborg Dragon Wizard. I'll let that sink in for a bit.

I likely won't be writing about Magic for a while after this post as I endeavor to start an AAR and continue work on a short RPG I'm designing, but look for more content sometime around the middle of the month, hopefully with a complete listing of two new deck ideas I've come up with!

-Arcthos

No comments:

Post a Comment